Welcome to step by step centre ( 44757625 / 55927376 )
step by step centre for special needs is a Special Needs Centre in Doha which provides specialised teaching in a school setting and individual therapy sessions in the afternoons for children aged 3 to 16 who have special educational needs. Our aim in
step by step centre for special needs is to provide a highly specialised approach to meet each child’s individual and specific needs within the social setting of a school.
step by step centre for special needs we provide 1:1, peer, whole class and small group teaching throughout the school day supported by the following methods and therapy programmes:
Applied Behavioural Analysis Therapy (ABA)
Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
Speech and Language Therapy
Our centre is committed to:
Creating personalized learning programmes that meet the needs of individual children
Ensuring that children’s needs are met promptly and effectively
Supporting parents in meeting the needs of their children
Developing the specialist expertise of our staff so that they can meet children’s needs directly
Providing development opportunities to parents and children
How step by step centre for special needs working with parents and the community?
Parents are recognised and valued as partners with the school in their children’s education and our school positively encourages their active involvement in their child’s learning. We provide home training for parents and carers, as well as ‘drop in’ sessions, which are intended to support and equip parents for their role.
in step by step centre for special needs also places a lot of emphasis on life and social skills and, consequently, the children are encouraged to engage in Best Buddies socialization program and visit the wider community (e.g. local markets, parks, museums) to participate in a range of activities.
The curriculum we offer in step by step centre for special needs consists of the Brigance Inventory of Early Development III (IED-III) and the Brigance Comprehensive Inventory of Basic Skills II (CIBS II) that lay emphasis on the development of exceptional students’ Physical, Communication, Independence and Socialization skills and helpdevelop measurable goals and objectives for IEPs and monitor progress.
Early Years Stage/ Brigance Inventory of Early Development III (IED-III)
The focus of this stage in step by step centre for special needs is to determine present level of performance, develop measurable IEP goals and objectives, target instruction, and monitor progress. This easy-to-use tool also includes Comprehensive Skill Sequences, which break down skills into incremental steps, allowing educators to show growth for lower-functioning students.
The criterion-referenced IED III contains more than 100 assessments and covers a broad range of skills to help educators identify each student’s specific strengths and needs. Key skill areas include:
- Physical Development (Preambulatory, Gross Motor, and Fine Motor)
- Language Development
- Mathematics and Science
- Daily Living
- Social-Emotional Development
Academic Skills/ Brigance Comprehensive Inventory of Basic Skills II (CIBS II)
The criterion-referenced CIBS II focuses on Reading/ELA Inventory and a Mathematics Inventory CIBS II makes it easy to identify present level of performance for students and provide ongoing assessment for academic skills up to grade 9 levels.
The CIBS II Reading/English Language Arts (ELA) Inventory includes reading and writing assessments that correlate to commonly tested reading and ELA skills and strategies that reflect state and national standards.
Step by Step Centre offers a comprehensive program that promotes students’ cognitive, academic, social, communication and motor development.
During morning sessions, each student is assigned to a class that is suitable for his/her functioning level and follows a weekly schedule that incorporates all activities of the school day, such as circle time, academic activities, therapy sessions, personal care and social skills sessions in addition to special events, guest readers, performers, holiday celebrations, class trips and more. Our teachers and therapists communicate with parents (using Class Dojo) to provide a picture of daily program activities that children cannot report themselves. Parents’ input allows staff to talk with students about their home lives.
Extensive afternoon therapy sessions are also provided on a one-one-one basis after 1 pm until 6 pm daily. These sessions include assessment, advice, strategies, targets, and programmes of work to address the needs as appropriate for each individual child. Our therapy team use evidence based practices and make the best use of the therapy time available to have the greatest possible impact on outcomes for children and young people.
Individual Therapy Sessions
Our special needs teachers and therapists tailor individualized treatment plans to the unique situation of each child. We also take the time to meet with parents, observe children, and review any relevant evaluations.
We help families whose children are identified with developmental delays, learning challenges or diagnosed special needs find the right treatment programs and supports. Students who need the continued support of occupational, behaviour and/or speech therapy might receive them over the course of the week during morning school setting or as one-on-one therapy sessions in the afternoons.
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
ABA therapy is a comprehensive teaching tool that breaks down skills into simpler, more manageable tasks and is very effective technique in treating children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
ABA treatment is especially useful in teaching behaviours to children with Autism who may otherwise not “pick up” these behaviours on their own as other children would.
Using ABA-based interventions and proven behavioural strategies, we help children with behavioural and learning challenges and work on self-help, social, communication and academic skills.
We start with an extensive assessment of your child’s strengths and weaknesses using ABBLS -The Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills and a board certified behaviour analyst (BCBA) develops and supervises individualized interventions specifically tailored to the needs of your child.
Our ABA therapists who have extensive training in behaviour analysis and hands-on experience in providing ABA-based interventions, implement the program and are responsible for data tracking.
Occupational therapists’ specialize in the evaluation and treatment of children with sensory processing disorders, autism spectrum disorders, learning disabilities, ADHD, Down’s syndrome, sensory-motor deficits, and other developmental disorders. Their role is to support the educational program by helping to maximize each student’s level of functioning within the classroom, at home and/or out in the community. Additionally, the occupational therapists provide functional vision, motor skills, and sensory assessment and treatment programs. Our occupational therapists also promote the students’ active participation in activities of daily living and self-help skills in addition to vocational education activities to maximize student’s level of independence and to provide meaningful experiences to improve their quality of life.
Speech and Language Services
Speech and Language Therapy service includes an assessment, program development and treatment of your child’s communication needs. Areas for development may include basic communication skills (awareness, attention, motivation), verbalization (E.g. words, phrases, specific sounds), augmentative and alternative systems (E.g. gesture, signs, PECS, communication books) or high-tech devices (such as iPads).
At our centre we promote a total communication approach that values all modes of communication of equal importance. The speech and language therapist liaise with the other team member on any issues that may affect a student’s ability to attend and engage in learning activities.
Specialist Tuition (Dyslexia and Other Specific Learning Difficulties)
Our specialist teachers understand that each student is different. So, they create an individual learning support programme is for each student taken into account student’s strengths and learning preferences to support areas of need.
step by step centre for special needs specialist teachers have trained in teaching both students with specific learning difficulties. Parents are given a report at the end of each term, which gives a valuable insight into student’s progress.
Our Buddy Club program in step by step centre for special needs helps children develop the social interaction (e.g. following directions) and communication skills (e.g. indicating needs and wants) they need by providing many opportunities to generalize information. Under the supervision of our therapists, children practice following rules and adult directives, playing and learning with others cooperatively, making friends, seeking positive attention, emotional regulation, managing transitions and day-to-day problem-solving activities through positive reinforcement and social coaching. Buddy Club groups will range from 4-6 children depending on the level of intervention and support that is needed for each child to reach his or her optimal social learning level.
A physiotherapist in step by step centre for special needs will take a history of your child’s physical limitations and look at any reports you might have. Following this they will set out treatment goals to address any concerns. All sessions will be run on a one-on-one basis.
Training and workshops for parents and professionals
Workshops in step by step centre for special needs help families and professionals learn about how to support their child’s or student’s learning at home and at school environments and might cover a number of different areas such as speech and language development, communication and sensory issues, improving attention and concentration, behaviour management methods and strategies.
Parents will be taught skills that will help them how to manage problem behaviours at home and in the community and to facilitate generalization of newly learned skills from the classroom or therapy room to the home environment.
Our summer school in step by step centre for special needs sessions are fun-filled and creative learning experience for children. All therapists and teachers work together with the children on the following skills:
- Social Interaction Skills
- Communication Skills
- Self-Help Skills
- Arts & Crafts
- Fun Games and Tactile Activities (water play, sand play etc.)
Small group activities in step by step centre for special needs to support speech and language, fine and gross motor skills will be incorporated through interactive games and hands on activities.
(Starting from 3rd June until 25th August & 8:00 am to 1:00 pm)
Assistive technology (AT) in step by step centre for special needs helps to enhance students’ learning and development. step by step centre for special needs had various AT equipment, both low such as picture exchange symbol cards, and high-tech such as touch screen computers, smart boards, augmentative and alternative communication devices, adaptive keyboards, switch devices, smart boards and iPads to help with learning and attention issues.
- AddressAl Soudan Area beside al sadd Stadium
- CategorySpecial Needs, Summer Camp
- LocationAl Soudan
- Tags20 top kindergartens in qatar, 20 top nurseries in qatar, about step by step centre for special needs, address of step by step centre for special needs, any one advice with step by step centre for special needs qatar, any one know step by step centre for special needs in qatar, arabic nurseries in al soudan, arabic nurseries in doha, arabic nurseries in qatar, best kindergarten in al soudan, best kindergarten in doha, best kindergarten in qatar, best nursery in al soudan, british kindergartens in al soudan, british nurseries in al soudan, british nurseries in doha, british nurseries in qatar, contact of step by step centre for special needs in qatar, cost of step by step centre for special needs per month, curricululm in step by step centre for special needs qatar, daycare nurseries in al soudan, daycare nurseries in doha, daycare nurseries in qatar, doha nurseries, email of step by step centre for special needs in qatar, fees of step by step centre for special needs in qatar, how can I find step by step centre for special needs in qatar, how to reach step by step centre for special needs, how to reach step by step centre for special needs in qatar, I need telephone number of step by step centre for special needs, I need to know about step by step centre for special needs, kindergarten in al soudan, kindergartens in al soudan, location of step by step centre for special needs, more details about step by step centre for special needs, nurseries in al soudan, nursery schools in al soudan, photo album of step by step centre for special needs, preschools nurseries in qatar, qatar nurseries & kindergartens, qatar nursery guide, special needs centers in al waab, special needs centers in doha, Special Needs Centers in Qatar, step by step centre for special needs, step by step centre for special needs doha fees, step by step centre for special needs in doha, step by step centre for special needs in qatar, step by step centre for special needs telephone number, telephone number of step by step centre for special needs, the best british kindergarten in doha, the best british kindergartens in qatar, the best british nurseries in doha, the best british nurseries in qatar, top nurseries in doha, top nurseries in qatar, top nursery in doha, top nursery in qatar, welcome to step by step centre for special needs, what's the best kindergarten in doha, what's the best kindergarten in qatar, what's the best nursery in al soudan, what's the best nursery in doha, what's the best nursery in qatar, who advice step by step centre for special needs
- CurriculumSpecial Needs
- Admission Age1-4 Years
- Admission DateOpened
- Working Hours7 am - 3 pm